Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Lamb shanks

Mmmmmm, lamb shanks...TMOTH cooked them with mushrooms and celery in a mixture of broth and crushed tomatoes. Very nice. Roasted potatoes and some flatbread to go with. Kids had Chef-Boy-ar-Dee pasta with meatballs.

I know it seems like the kids eat a lot of meals different from us, but as I don't generally cook them a separate meal, I don't see it as catering to them. One thing that I will be forever grateful for is that my mother never forced us to eat anything we didn't like. (Well, with one memorable exception. I have a vivid memory of being made to eat corn, and throwing up all over the dining room table from the horrible taste of it. Never had to do that again.) I have the advantage of my kids being LESS picky than I was as a kid. I didn't train myself to eat tomatoes in any form until I was in college. I STILL will not eat nasty green peas or corn.

At any rate, it works for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only Republicans don't eat corn. I never knew that.