Saturday, January 13, 2007

Grilled pork chops

With fried apples, broccoli, squash, and homemade bread. (A nice dinner after leftover pot pie on Thursday and leftover pot roast soup on Friday.)

The squash was a nice surprise. We got a vacuum sealer last Christmas, and I vacuumed a few bags of squash from the garden this summer. This was the first I'd had of the frozen squash, and it came out nearly like fresh, certainly good enough for me to freeze a lot more squash this summer.

The bread was a surprise too. I made the dough in the bread machine using 2/3 white flour and 1/3 spelt flour, then baked it in regular loaf pans. I'd predicted the kids wouldn't even taste it, since it was darker than white bread, but they all just gobbled it down. We have less than half a loaf left, so more bread baking is in the near future.

No comments: