Friday, November 10, 2006

Ham and potato casserole

Scalloped/au gratin potatoes are the one thing that I prefer out of the box rather than from scratch. With some cubes of leftover ham and a little bit of red onion, it's a nice dinner (for the grown-ups, at least - the kids all turned up their nose). Carrot sticks and cucumber slices on the side. I was really bummed that the cauliflower we got over the weekend had frozen in the refrigerator. I'll roast some this weekend, but I really prefer it raw.

The menu items are all pushed back a day since TMOTH cooked last night. Quesadillas will be good if the tween has a friend over tomorrow night.

Veterans Day today, so I was off work. I finished painting about 2/3 of one long wall in the living room, I have about half of a short wall and a few extra bits of wall space to go. Then I have to finish taking off the wallpaper in the stairway that I starting taking off 10 years ago. Such is the pace of home improvement at our house...

I did help TMOTH get the gutter back up - and he did! I was so impressed - I never thought he'd be able to balance it all the way up on the big ladder and that it would hold until he could attach it. What a huge relief it is to have that back up.

No comments: