Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving dinner

MMMMmmmm, I do love Thanksgiving dinner. We had turkey, ham for the kids, mac & cheese (thumbs down from the kidlets because of the bread crumbs on top, but it was really good!), dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, broccoli, sweet potato casserole, and rolls. Champagne to drink, of course. Nobody has had room for dessert yet - although TMOTH and I had pie mid-afternoon.

I made the kids and TMOTH clean up, since I did most of the cooking, but I had one bit left to clean up - the pan drippings from the turkey needed to be refrigerated to go into the stock. BUT, I dropped the container and it went all over the floor. At least the hound was happy. It was like this turkey was bent on revenge - before being cooked it had leaked all over the inside of my fridge, so I wound up cleaning out both crisper drawers today as well.

No comments: