Thursday, October 05, 2006

Introduction

My husband asked why I was starting a blog, so I might as well explain to the rest of the world as well.

It's a direct reslt of the frustration of trying to decide what to have for dinner every single night, and the internet, for some reason, is little help. There seems to be two extremes of meal "help" out there - one of the beenie weenie school, one of the poached salmon in cream sauce on a bed of arugula - under the aegis of 30-minute meals.

I just was a reasonable well-balanced, somewhat tasty, not boring meal that doesn't take forever and that my kids might actually eat. Some days that's possible, other days it isn't. Hopefully by posting the dinner of the day, I can share some of what works for me and you can share with me.

Also, I can brag about my family, and isn't that why everyone blogs anyway?

Dinner post #1:
Soup #1 - Plain old Campbell's tomato soup with leftover pasta.
Soup #2 - Campbell's chicken noodle plus Progresso chicken noodle.
Ritz crackers.
(OK, not an auspicious start.)

Looking forward to tomorrow:
If I'm lucky I'll get home by six, but mid-kid has to be at karate by 7. Might just need to be pizza.

No comments: