Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Now, when did I cook last?

Tonight was the annual Halloween bash at the kids' daycare, so dinner (such as it was) was provided by them. I can't actually complain - their chicken nuggets are actually very good, much better than McDonald's (noted, not a high barrier) and there was salad and rice to go with it.

The Man of the House cooked a lovely dinner last night before the tween's soccer practice - lamb shanks with potatoes, carrots, and onions, with french bread to go with, and mac & cheese for the kidlings. I then spent most of the time at soccer practice in the car since it was so cold and windy, but I made up my shopping list for Thanksgiving, and checked off the stuff I already had. So far, that includes the turkey. If I waited until a "normal" time to try to buy a turkey, all that would be left would be 26-pound behemoth turkeys, so I went ahead and bought a 13-pounder, since basically only TMOTH and I eat turkey, anyway. Maybe the toddler will this year.

Monday night was the last time I "cooked" - we had frozen fish filets, tater tots, cornbread twists, peas (for the boys, anyway) and asparagus (which actually counts as cooking, I suppose). Nothing like asparagus, yum.

No comments: