Saturday, October 07, 2006

mmmmmmmm...pie...

Apple pie in the oven for afternoon/snack dessert. We went apple picking last weekend, and really, why go apple picking if you don't make pie?

I remain mystified by people who think that making piecrust is hard. When I was little, I stayed with my Grandma Dunaway during the day while my mom was at work. Grandma made pies for restaurants in our little town, and any kid who was around got to "help." I just had help from toddler-boy making this pie, and I don't know how she did it! I've never mastered making it without measuring like she did, but my old Betty Crocker recipe has never failed me. (According to Betty, pie is "A Symbol of Good Eating in a Good Land.")

Hopefully we have either whipped cream in the fridge or vanilla ice cream in the freezer...

No comments: