Monday, January 07, 2013

Stuffed Peppers

I made these on Sunday and left them in the fridge for TMOTH to put in the oven. A pretty much totally invented recipe~ I had a bag of 10-minute barley from Trader Joe's (the only barley they had!!) and cooked it up. I cooked up about half a package of chopped mushrooms, the first inch or so off the top of a red pepper, and most of a chopped onion until soft, added the barley and some tomato sauce, then some Italian seasoning and a couple teaspoons of grated Parmesan (what was left in a shaker can).

I filled one green pepper with the vegetarian mixture and put it in a dish for the Lovely Daughter. Then I added some browned ground beef from the freezer and put that in a couple of peppers for me and TMOTH. I could tell I'd have filling left over, so I have little bins of vegetarian and meat filling in the freezer as well!

TMOTH cooked as per directions and they came out great - AND I have leftovers for lunch.

No comments: