Sunday, January 13, 2013

This weekend

Friday was karate night and we wound up eating pizza again.

Saturday, I had karate lunch as well - the Red Rooster in Damascus, the BEST fried chicken around.

Saturday night, TMOTH and I went to a retirement party for a colleague at my boss' house ~ my contribution was bringing the samosas from Il Forno/Metro Dhaba. There were also Costo min-quiches, stuffed mushrooms (another colleague has promised to share the recipe), a pork loin, black beans and rice, and a pretty green salad. And dessert! I brought plenty of cake home for the kids.

This morning we got up and went to breakfast at the local fire house. Pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, hash browns, fried apples, orange juice - even the coffee was good!!! I was completely stuffed!

Tonight, the Lovely Daughter had a "thing" in Baltimore - a dog-and-pony show from Florida Southern College, one of the schools she's applied to and seriously considering. We had snacks at the reception - hot pretzels and Cracker Jacks - and then I fed her at Subway after finally escaping from Baltimore. Why the heck cities WILL NOT put up signs telling you how to get to the major interstates is beyond me. It just makes me hate driving in Baltimore (and DC is even worse!) so I don't go as often as I would otherwise. I think the boys back home had pizza.

The menu planning process has gone well and really reduces my stress level in the evenings. So for the coming week, we'll have:

Monday: Soup & sandwiches
Tuesday: leftover lasagna
Wednesday: Fish
Thursday: Burgers
Saturday: Chicken
Sunday: Cheese and crackers

Subject to change without notice, but at least I have a plan :)

No comments: