Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Tonight, we tried this recipe: Border-Style Shrimp

We scaled it back a bit - with two of us eating shrimp, we used half of a one-pound frozen package. It's not clear in the recipe whether you should shell the shrimp first or not, but I DID - makes them much less messy to eat! It was quite yummy - if a big lacking in spice. I didn't want to overdo it, since TMOTH doesn't like TOO much spice. Even with adding a bit of chopped jalapeno, it needed a bit more. Next time (and there IS likely to be a next time) I'll add some more jalapeno, a little more hot sauce, maybe some pepper seeds. The Lovely Daughter had her leftover tofu; boys had fish/chicken.

I also made yellow rice - I stock up on MSG-free Sazon seasoning when I visit Florida - and added onion and green bell pepper and a tiny bit of jalapeno.

We had quesadillas and chips and salsa as well.


No comments: