Sunday, March 11, 2007

Chicken salad for lunch

Not dinner, I know, but still an accomplishment ;)

I used most of the leftover roasted chicken from Thursday night and added pecans, onions, celery, relishes, mustard, and light mayo. Lunch for me and TMOTH, and I added some more chicken to make enough for 2 more lunch portions.

I have peanuts (for boiled peanuts) in the crockpot. Those of you not raised in the South (and some of you that were) are going "EEEwwwww" right about now, but I LOVE boiled peanuts. My brother-in-law gave me the following recipe for crockpot boiled peanuts:

1/2 cup salt
1 1/2 quarts uncooked peanuts
2 1/2 quarts water

Cook in crockpot on "high" for 5-7 hours. We did this once, and it was WAY too salty (but still good!), so I cut the salt down to a little less than 1/3 cup for this try.

I think dinner will be pan-seared scallops over angel hair pasta, with salad. Kinda depends on the rest of the day. The kids will eat the pasta, but not the scallops.

No comments: