Thursday, March 08, 2007

Roast chicken, asparagus, and biscuits

I came home early today because I felt punky and found TMOTH lying on the couch with a low blood sugar. He was supposed to pick the mid-kid up from school for karate, so I gave him a coke, commanded "drink this!" and left to get the karate kid. We did karate - I hadn't been in quite a while and he's getting a LOT better - then picked up the other kids and came home. I called home from karate and gave the recovering MOTH instructions on roasting the chicken in the fridge. A little asparagus and some BisQuik biscuits (not as good as from scratch, but like I said, I was feeling punk) and mac&cheese for the kids. The carcass is now crock-potting for stock.

I got an extremely good deal on meat at the Safeway this morning - a whole chicken for about $0.70 a pound and ground beef about $1.25 a pound. I bought 6 pounds of hamburger - my Southern upbringing made me leave some for others. I doubt I'll get it browned tonight, maybe tomorrow night. Maybe tacos this weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.