Saturday, March 10, 2007

Lamb Chips, baked potatoes, and bread

At least for me and TMOTH. The pre-teen doesn't like lamb ("too cute") so she had a pork chop. Mid-kid and toddler don't really like either, so they had hot dogs. Well, mid-kid had a hot dog, the toddler ran around and didn't eat the hot dog. He'd already had yogurt and grapes, plus is fighting a cold. I also had spinach with roasted garlic and bacon, but nobody else likes spinach. We also had raw veggies - everybody eats carrots; I also had celery and cauliflower.

The bread was really good - half bread flour and the other half equal parts whole wheat flour, buckwheat flour, and wheat bran. The bread machine isn't great for bread, other than mixing and the initial rising of the dough.

We've got strawberries in the refrigerator, but I need to get in there and hull them.

Lunch was a tread for the mid-kid. He pasted his belt test today and is now a green belt. This will change the class schedule, so now we'll have to figure out which days to go and at what times. Anyway, he'd asked me, "If I pass, can we go out to lunch or dinner?" I agreed, so he picked lunch at Wendy's.

I also got all of the hamburger browned up and 4 of 5 approximately one-pound aliquots frozen. The other is in the fridge - I have a wild rice casserole that I want to make that I need mushrooms and almonds and sour cream for. Kind of depends on when I get to the store.

No comments: