Monday, March 19, 2007

Menu planning

Lordy, how I hate this. It doesn't help that TMOTH sometimes decides to cook, which leads to a change in my plans.

So, at some point in the coming week, we will probably eat:
- quesadillas - Tuesday? - I'm toying with the idea of making home-made tortillas (and I think the kids would like helping) so that's a weekend project.
- chicken of some sort on a couple of days
- pasta of some sort (the pre-teen asked for tortellini "soon" so I'm thinking that it will be good for Thursday since the mid-kid likes it too
- pork chops - probably Wednesday, since the pre-teen likes them and the mid-kid doesn't
- fish or scallops
- I need to freeze the beef for stew soon - since we had beef tonight, I don't want beef again until a couple of days. Saturday?
- breakfast. Waffles or pancakes or eggs.

Am I making this too hard? It doesn't help that most of the "quick and easy" recipes out there rely heavily on canned cream soups. But. That ain't gonna happen in this house. So we struggle along and eat later than I'd prefer most nights.

No comments: