Monday, March 19, 2007

Playing


Just seeing what I can do here...I've been using Photobucket to upload photos and this is the Picasa option through blogger.

I'm sure that if I were conversant with HTML I could wrap the text with the other upload method, but I'm not. So here's an old old picture of the toddler.

The question is, can I link to a PDF? Is there even a PDF lurking here on the laptop I can play with?

Why is this even an issue? Well, the president of my alma mater (Mississippi University for Women) has turned out to be power-hungry and incapable of acting like a true leader. She wasn't liked by some of the powerful alumnae that ran the alumni association. Instead of IGNORING THEM and working on winning them over by working WITH them, she is hell-bent on getting rid of them. The more I find out, the more disgusted I am.

The only silver lining so far is that a bunch of the "renegade" alums are sharing all of their memories of the W. It's absolutely wonderful to hear all of the stories pouring out. One of the alums has now scanned a 60's-era recipe booklet.

But after fiddling, it doesn't look like I can post a PDF. (Edit -OK, I can. I have to upload the PDF to a file hoster and the link to it. Still, it should work, and it'll be a new experience.) Best I can do is link to it when it finally gets posted. Until then, buy yourself a copy of Southern Grace.

No comments: